|The Glen Edith Hotel stood as a historic landmark on Irondequoit Bay from the late 1800's until the mid 1950's.
The hotel was bought by Anthony J Orlen in 1925 and he and his family ran it until it was torn down in 1952.
The Glen Edith Restaurant was built during the winter of 1952-53 and first opened in the spring of 1953.
Starting with only 3 dinners, a turkey sandwich, shrimp cocktail & steamed clams, the Glen Edith flourished with buisness
bringing customers from throughout the Rochester area. In 1960 the Glen was
renovated, an addition was added to the dining room and an outdoor patio
was added. Receiving a few facelifts over the years, the Glen Edith
remained a landmark for the area and was known for excellence, providing beautiful waterside dining, where every meal was a pleasant memory.
Sadly, the Glen Edith was torn down by developers during the winter of 2008-2009 and will be sorely missed.